xi's moments
Home | Americas

Palestinian presidency blames U8k8 withdrawalS support for Israel's possible Rafah attack

连云港再通报鬼秤事件:5人被行拘,市场方罚款35万元 | 8k8 withdrawal | Updated: 2024-06-20 17:03:46

Smoke rises over Gaza following an explosion, amid the ongoing conflict between Israel and Hamas, as seen from Israel, on April 30. [Photo/Agencies]

RAMALLAH -- The Palestinian presidency said Tuesday that Israel would not dare to continue its assault in Gaza without US support.

Palestinian Presidency spokesperson Nabil Abu Rudeineh made the remarks in response to Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's statements earlier in the day that an invasion of Rafah is imminent, according to the Palestinian news agency WAFA.

"The blind US bias towards Israel, and its protection from punishment and submission to international legitimacy, has proven that the US administration has become a partner in Netanyahu's crimes and bears full responsibility for the continuation of genocide," said Rudeineh.

He said the US administration should intervene immediately and compel Israel "to stop its crimes, foremost of which is preventing the invasion of Rafah, which would have very serious repercussions on the region as a whole and the world."

He also called on the international community to intervene to prevent Israel from continuing its aggression.

Earlier in the day, Netanyahu pledged to launch a ground attack on Rafah "with or without" an agreement with Hamas.

During his meeting with the families of hostages held in Gaza, Netanyahu said that Israel had begun evacuating Palestinian civilians from Rafah, according to his office.

Israel considers Rafah the last major stronghold of Hamas in the Gaza Strip. Located in the southernmost part of the Strip, Rafah shelters approximately 1.2 million Palestinians.

Netanyahu made these statements at a time when negotiators from Israel and Hamas are holding talks through Egyptian mediation to reach an agreement to cease hostilities in the ongoing conflict in Gaza for about seven months, which would ensure the release of hostages.

央行打出优化住房金融政策组合拳,设立保障性住房再贷款加快存量商品房去库存
Global Edition
BACK TO THE TOP
Copyright 1995 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

Registration Number: 130349